Monday, January 12, 2009

Cafe Vue

Location: 430 Little Collins Street
Link: www.vuedemonde.com.au/cafe-vue.aspx
Cuisine: French, Modern Australian
Company: Jie, Jenn, Helen

After listening to Jie and Helen harp on about how fantastic and cheap the infamous Cafe Vue burger was, Jenn and I finally got a chance to try it out. With very high expectations, we all ordered the burger.


And the result? A fairly disappointed lunch.

The bun was sweeter than I would have imagined for any beef burger, which is surprising since apparently McDonald's burger buns have loads of sugar, and put me off the burger. According to Helen, the lettuce tasted different to all the other times she had been there. The best part of the burger was definitely the wagyu beef, but I have a feeling that it was because it was wagyu rather than because they did it well.

The fries on the other hand, were quite good, and I finished them off happily.

Overall Impression: 6.5/10

No comments: